Subject: Re: a little too much (help)
From: djmccoy (Daniel J. McCoy)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 21:25:53 -0700 (PDT)

> > > I enjoy recieve messages from everyone on lightwave, but quite
> > > frankly it's a little too much.  Sometimes I find myself away
> > > from the modem for a day or two, because of work.  I logon my
> > > account and i'm swamped with mail.
> > 
> 
> I suggest lobbying netcom to change the list process software to LISTSERV
> or some other S/W that allows daily archiving users who get swamped can
> set their mail options to DIGEST and get one large message each day.
> Unfortunately, this list is using MAJORDOMO, S/W that lacks this very
> important feature. Why, I have no idea.

There are several things I'd like to do but mailing lists is very low on
priority with Netcom as allowing users to run mailing lists is a priviledge
rather than a feature.  As such, newer software as well as mail processing
is placed on a much lower priority than the rest of Netcom's services. 
There is a new version of MajorDomo that appears to allow digests, however
it is not known when Netcom will switch to it.  There is also an option to
get a UUCP account and run the mailing list from my system at home but at a
much greater cost to me both financially and system time to process all
mail.  

I myself would prefer a newsgroup with possible mail gateways but
volunteering to maintain the lists was an option open NOW rather than the
long waits to set up a newsgroup.

Dan
-- 
Daniel J. McCoy                                                       //
Internet : [email-masked] or [email-masked]      \X/
Portal   : Daniel J McCoy        BIX: dmccoy                       Amiga